Friday, July 22, 2011

What's in a name....

I figured I'd explain why I picked the title "A Ring of Endless Light" as my blog title. I know you all are dying to know....right!?

The title is from one of my all time favorite books....A Ring of Endless Light. How's that for creative! But seriously the book may have changed my life when I read it at the impressionable age of ~15. The book is by the author Madeline L'Engle (my all time fav) and deals with death, love, coming of age, the meaning of life and dolphins..it has it all! I realize that the book is not for everyone. My husband read it, at my urging, and he thought it was awful. This may be because he has never been a teenage girl, or maybe he just doesn't have the great literary taste that I have?! Anyway, I think the book rocks and I highly recommend it!



And on a final note, if you are at all tempted after reading this riveting post to watch the 2002 Disney Channel made-for-TV version...DON'T! The movie has NOTHING to do with the book and was just plain awful. You have been warned!

1 comment:

Sandmangirl said...

So speaking of Disney remakes of L'Engle books...did you see the adaption of Wrinkle In Time yet? If so, what did you think? I loved A Ring of Endless Light too, you had to be a teenage girl from the 80s or 70s to get it.